CYBLE-222014-01 and UART to External MCU

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I've been able to power up my bluetooth module and see it advertising from my phone.

I've also been able to capture events transmitted from the module to my external MCU via UART.

Now, I am trying to write commands to the module... I do not seem to be getting the appropriate responses however. I just seem to be getting an echo back of whatever I send. eg. /ping will return to me /ping. I am terminating all the commands I try with '\r'.

I was thinking perhaps it has to do with this deep sleep mode mentioned in section 3.1.5.5 of the EZ-Serial User Guide. However, I imagine if the unit was truly in deep sleep, it wouldn't respond anything to my commands? In the guide I can't see anything about this behaviour, has anyone any experience with it?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems that in text mode, the module does in fact echo back commands (2.4.3 of EZ Serial Guide). And then I wasn't parsing my RX properly and so wasn't able to see the appropriate responses.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems that in text mode, the module does in fact echo back commands (2.4.3 of EZ Serial Guide). And then I wasn't parsing my RX properly and so wasn't able to see the appropriate responses.