Is there an auto complete code function in wiced studio?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrahamS_21
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 10 likes received 10 replies posted

I'm trying to find out if there is an auto complete function for code entry in WICED Studio 6.1

I seem to think it was there in earlier version but it seems to be missing in the latest version. is there a way to set it/enable it?

Thanks

Graham

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi grsm

As you can see from the following picture in the window->preferences, the auto-activation of the auto complete code can only be activated by "." "->" or "::" . You may use an editor such as source insight to use the auto complete function.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Owen

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi Graham,

Please find the document "WICED-BT-Designer-User-Manual.pdf" under the wiced studio->project explorer->20706 A2 Bluetooth->doc. The document describes how to generate user defined code.

Regards,

Owen

0 Likes

Hi Owen

I think i might not have been clear in my previous question.

What i meant was if i start typing wiced_gpio_get as an example, is there a way to make it autocomplete to the full api (wiced_gpio_get_input()) as an example?

is this a feature that we support in our version of eclipse?

thanks

graham

0 Likes

Hi grsm

As you can see from the following picture in the window->preferences, the auto-activation of the auto complete code can only be activated by "." "->" or "::" . You may use an editor such as source insight to use the auto complete function.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Owen

JoHu_1258451
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Have you tried typing a few characters then "ctrl-space"?  That activates Eclipse's version of intellisense for me.

Perfect - that's exactly what i was looking for.

Thanks for the help

0 Likes