Automation of RSSI Data logging, using CySmart 1.2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

I am new to the Cypress Developer Community.

I recently purchased the CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A Bluetooth Low Energy Kit, for a work related project.

I am using the CY5670: CySmart USB Dongle as a Master, to receive and log RSSI data from the CYBLE-022001-00 EZ-BLE PRoC Module.

After establishing connection to a device, the CySmart 1.2 desktop tool is used to manually log RSSI data, using the <Get RSSI> command, found on the send command’s tab.

How can this process be automated, without having to manually send the <Get RSSI> repeatedly?

The data logging requirement is to read 10 values of <Get RSSI> every 5 minutes, for a period of 3 hours.

Your insight will be highly appreciated.

I have attached a word document, for a screen capture of the CySmart 1.2 gui, set up, if that helps

Regards,

Andrew

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, if you have the CySmart source code, you can modify it to log for 2/min for 3 hours when you click a button. But, I don't think the CySmart code is open for use, so you might have better luck with the mobile phone app cysmart code: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/cysmart-mobile-app

There is code for both the iOS and the Android platforms, but the windows version is absent.

Basically modify it to query the RSSI and write the data to a file for 360 iterations at once per 30 seconds. You will need to write the program/functionality yourself unfortunately

0 Likes