Exit Code From fwDownload.exe Utility

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello:

I am using the fwDownload.exe command-line utility to reconfigure my CY7C65211's GPIOs etc. I am using this utility within a windows application, and as such I have created a C# System.Diagnostics.Process to run the EXE, with passed arguments for the configuration file, VID, etc. When the process finishes, I examine the exit code. I find that with one configuration file the exit code is a "0" and with another file it is a "2".

I would like to know what the exit codes for the fwDownload.exe utility mean, so I can know what to do in my code depending on the codes.

Thanks,

Gary

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Gary,

The fwDownload utility is not such that it returns a '0' on success and a non-zero number on failure. The return values are either '0' or '1' and it has not been associated with 'Success' or 'Failure'.

The fwDownload utility may be fixed in the future for this behavior and the same will be updated on this thread.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Gary Willette,

- Please let us know from where you have obtained the fwDownload.exe utility. In case you had got it through an SFDC case, please mention the case number.

- Also, please share the two configuration files that you have used.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Srinath:

Thanks for the reply, sorry I forgot to get back to you since the 8th...

I got the utility from this support thread: CY7C65211 Serial Communication Mode , although I was using another version until recently. Both versions are the same (2.0.0), however.

I have attached the two configuration files. "2pinUART_GPIO_3_4.cyusb" returns "2", while "2pinUART_GPIO_3_4_10_11.cyusb" returns "0".

Here is a snippet of the code which calls the configuration utility (from within a C# windows application):

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gary

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello Gary,

The fwDownload.exe from the pointed link returns value '1' for the arguments that you have specified and the configuration files that you have shared. Can you please re-confirm your statement by checking the return values from the code?

I built a test application that would display the return value from the fwDownload.exe and found the return value to be '1' for both the configuration files.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have confirmed my previous findings by printing the exitCode to the console:

• Using "2pinUART_GPIO_3_4.cyusb" returns "2"
  • Using "2pinUART_GPIO_3_4_10_11.cyusb" returns "0"
  • CY7C65211 not connected returns "1"

Did you have a CY7C65211 device connected when you ran your test? Typically "0" is passing, and anything else is a failure code. However the configuration download seems to work when the exitCode is either "0" or "2". I would like to know what the return codes mean for this application, so I know which to accept, and which to flag as a failure.

Gary

0 Likes

Hello Gary,

The fwDownload utility is not such that it returns a '0' on success and a non-zero number on failure. The return values are either '0' or '1' and it has not been associated with 'Success' or 'Failure'.

The fwDownload utility may be fixed in the future for this behavior and the same will be updated on this thread.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes