Rs485 bootloader UDB UART

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
sigi_2251526
Level 2
Level 2

Hi all,

I need to write a Rs485 bootloader application for PSOC 4 module and I would like to know if it is possible to do that without "customizing" anything. In fact seems that using "Bootloader" component with UDB UART in PSOC 4 leads to uncorrect bootloading but with SCB UART an RS485 communication seems to be not straightforward to implement (on UDB you have the useful "Hardware TX Enable" feature). I'm testing the application using "UART Bootloader Host Application" from AN68272 on CY8CKIT-042-BLE Pioneer with PSOC 4 BLE Module through USB and every bootloading attempt leads to " Bootload Failed with Error Code: 0x0000A". SCB bootloading with the same configuration is working well. Am I supposed to write my own bootloader or am I doing something wrong with the components, modules and softwares that I'm using?

I've attached the workspace.

Thank you!

Simone

0 Likes
5 Replies
AlKh_1065846
Level 1
Level 1

I'm observing the same issue on CY8CKIT-041-40XX:  Bootload Failed with Error Code: 0x0000A. I created the project from scratch. The UART settings are the same as in the AN68272 project.

Any advise?

0 Likes

Hi, out of interest did you resolve the issue with the RS485 connections to the PSoC4?

Regards

Greg

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You would also need to take into account the voltage level differences for the RS485 as well.

0 Likes

Just a question out of curiosity as i am using a SN65HV1782 for interfacing with the same PSoC, at 921600 - looked like the thread initiator missed the TXEN connection to the 485 transceiver in the design - guess this thread is dormant

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah; You might have necroed the post 😜

Try opening a new thread/question if you are still having trouble figuring out the setup.

0 Likes