can i do i2c communication in single devlopement kit?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Erka_3237036
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like received First like given

i am trying to say on a single devlopement kit i can sent data master to the slave on a same kit? if yes then how can i do ? please guide me .i am beginner on PSOC 5.

0 Likes
1 Solution

The code example can be obtained from this link too-

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce95314-psoc-3-psoc-4-and-psoc-5lp-ezi2c

You can check the Ezi2cDesign code example project for PSoC5LP available in PSoC Creator. It will be helpful for his application. This example demonstrates operation of the EZI2C (EZ I2C Slave) and I2C (Inter-Integrated Circuit Master/Multi-Master/Slave) component communication.

I hope you have latest PSoC Creator version.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
23 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

This can be done quite easy:

Place an I2C Master and an I2C slave onto your topdesign

Place 4 GPIO pins and configure them as resistive pull up

connect the pins internally using the wire tool to master and slave

connect the pins externally with two wires (SDA with SDA and SCL with SCL)

Now you can send data from master to slave (default address is 0x08h)

Bob

Thank you user_1377889

0 Likes

Can you have the example code Related to my Question? i was try the code of given in a psoc5 but they cant display write or read data into the lcd.

0 Likes

Which kit are you using? CY8CKit-???

Bob

0 Likes

CY8CKIT-050 psoc 5LP

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Here is an example program with a PDF file in the program code that explains the program.  You need to unzip the file to your directory.

Thank you user_242978793

now  i try to do it.

0 Likes

i can't open this project.i was get it the error messages.

0 Likes

The code example can be obtained from this link too-

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce95314-psoc-3-psoc-4-and-psoc-5lp-ezi2c

You can check the Ezi2cDesign code example project for PSoC5LP available in PSoC Creator. It will be helpful for his application. This example demonstrates operation of the EZI2C (EZ I2C Slave) and I2C (Inter-Integrated Circuit Master/Multi-Master/Slave) component communication.

I hope you have latest PSoC Creator version.

0 Likes

Thank you anks i will try this.

0 Likes

I downloaded the file I posted and unzipped it and it loaded okay. Compiled/build was okay.  What error did you have.  what version of windows are you using? when it asked save or open you need to select save then click on extract file.

0 Likes

What version of Psoc Creator are you using?

0 Likes

i am using psoc creator 3.3.

0 Likes

i think version problem may be happen.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

I developed the program for a Psoc 5ip stick CY8CKIT-059. You are using the old kit CY8CKIT-050 PSoC® 5LP I have update the program for this Kit.

rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Did you unzip the file before you tried to load it? What errors did you get.

0 Likes

i am having the version error i am using the psoc3.3 and you give me a reference code for tool psoc creator 4.1.

and i was making the new design on my compiler tool same as reference design and copy the code in my creator but that time i was got the 24 errors but now i am reduced to be 9 errors these errors will be like the status error ,or ,write,xfer,read type errors are there and i also shown in pdf command or instruction is also right but i dont know why these errors was occur?

please guide me .

0 Likes

Please install the latest version of Creator from this link-

PSoC® Creator™ Integrated Design Environment (IDE)

Then, as you will open the project in Creator4.2, just   chose the "Update Components" option by right clicking the Project.

0 Likes

i will install the new version but my old projects can be working on it?

0 Likes

Yes, they will work, when you will open a project created in older version in newer version, Creator will ask you for creating a Backup of project, just say yes to it.

Once a project gets opened in newer version it will not get opened in older version of Creator, that is a limitation.

0 Likes

i was updated the psoc creator 4.2 but it again cant open the project.

0 Likes

Are you able to open Code example from creator after downloading them

0 Likes

finally sounds good.now its working completly .

Thank you so much guys to help me.

0 Likes