PSoC Creator 4.2,Cant find HID-Device file descriptor - no driver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello:

PSoC Creator 4.2 is suddenly unable to program either my PSoC 6 BLE Pioneer Kit or the PSoC 4 Pioneer kit.

After working well it now finds no targets.  The build works OK but there is no programming activity.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled PSoC Creator 4.2 today but the results are unchanged.

Windows reports the Cypress KitPROG and Cypress KitProgK 2 but says "driver unavailable"

Meanwhile the Output of PSoC Creator says:

"

Log file for this session is located at: C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp\PSoC Creator-000.log

Warning: Can't find HID-device's file descriptor

--------------- Build Started: 03/12/2018 17:01:13 Project: Lesson 6 CAPSENSE, Configuration: ARM GCC 5.4-2016-q2-update Debug ---------------

The code generation step is up to date.

--------------- Build Skipped: 03/12/2018 17:01:17 ---------------

"

I get the following dialog when I go to select a debug target:

Any advice on chasing down this port and driver issue?

pastedImage_4.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello cnt_3130841​,

Can you help me some more info?

1. What OS are you running?

2. Are you able to see Kitprogs in PSoC Programmer? If yes, can you program the devices through programmer? If no, what message does Programmer show?

3. When you say they show-up as Kitprog and Kitprog2 in device manager, under what category do they appear? COM, USB controllers etc.

4. Can you tell us the LED status? For PSoC 4 kit - Status LED and for PSoC 6 kit - LED1 to LED3 near PSoC 5LP?

5. When you uninstall PSoC Creator, can you also delete the PSoC Creator folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\" and delete the registry entries (Open regedit.exe and delete the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Cypress\PSoC Creator" key entry) and then install PSoC Creator and see if that fixes the issue?

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello cnt_3130841​,

Can you help me some more info?

1. What OS are you running?

2. Are you able to see Kitprogs in PSoC Programmer? If yes, can you program the devices through programmer? If no, what message does Programmer show?

3. When you say they show-up as Kitprog and Kitprog2 in device manager, under what category do they appear? COM, USB controllers etc.

4. Can you tell us the LED status? For PSoC 4 kit - Status LED and for PSoC 6 kit - LED1 to LED3 near PSoC 5LP?

5. When you uninstall PSoC Creator, can you also delete the PSoC Creator folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\" and delete the registry entries (Open regedit.exe and delete the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Cypress\PSoC Creator" key entry) and then install PSoC Creator and see if that fixes the issue?

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello msur -

Thank you for your help; my apologies for delay in getting on with this.  We have progress!

Invoking PSoC Programmer seems to have changed the situation.  I can now see the targets from both Programmer and Creator and Windows no longer complains of the missing driver.  Both programs are now warning about the KitProg and KitProg2 version numbers and suggesting I use the Programmer Utility to update the firmware.  (see screen shots below).

I tried updating the KitProg firmware and had good success with PSoC 4 and reprogramming through PSoC Creator 4.2

I tried updating the KitProg2 firmware and had good success with PSoC 6 and reprogramming through PSoC Creator 4.2

I think we have solved the problem.  Do you have any suggestions as to why things were working and then stopped?

Thanks, Chris

0 Likes

I have not seen such a weird issue. Might be because opening Programmer might have copied/repaired the required drivers (which might have been deleted/corrupted).

Anyway, good that the issue is fixed and you are all set for PSoC 6, again

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

0 Likes