WICED Sense: Are the Axes of the 3 sensors aligned with one another?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

mld5 originally posted this question here as a comment on a document: WICED SENSE Quick Start Guide

Are all the axes of the gyroscope, magnetometer, accelerometer aligned with one another? I doesn't appear so at first glance. Just wanted to double check.

1 Solution

My apologies for the delay in response. Depending on how you're using the kalman filter, you may or may not need to adjust for sensor displacement. If, however, it becomes necessary, there are algorithms that you can use in your code, or even modified kalman filters that will adjust for the displacement. 

Jacob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

I check out the datasheet of L3GD20 (gyro) and LIS3DSH (acc). With respect to the position of Pin 1, they have different XYZ orientations.

Is there any reason why you think they should be aligned?

mld5

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I needed to implement a kalmar filter with the gyro, accelerometer, and magnometer....and unless I am mistaken, wouldn't I need to know which axis is aligned with which and adjust accordingly?

0 Likes

My apologies for the delay in response. Depending on how you're using the kalman filter, you may or may not need to adjust for sensor displacement. If, however, it becomes necessary, there are algorithms that you can use in your code, or even modified kalman filters that will adjust for the displacement. 

Jacob

0 Likes