slavefifo steamin example of FX3, receive failure when data in rate slow down , why?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

The code I used is from AN65974 - Source files for FPGA code and FX3 firmware;

when I use both FPGA and firmware from the above AN65974, the streamin example work well; PC side streamer.exe also works well; transfer speed is about 380Mbyte/s;

then I change the FPGA code slightly, the PCLK frequency from 100M to 60M , in the PC side, sometimes receive failure happened;

if PCLK is to 40M, in the PC side, more receive failure happen;

Suppose the input data rate is slow down, maybe more time is needed, so I change the PC code : InEndpt->WaitForXfer(&inOvLap,20000); from 2000 to 20000, but the same problem exist;

in 68013A, however, when the input rate is slow down, it works OK

Why this happened, what is the root cause of this problem, and how to make the change so that 3014 works well not only in high speed datain rate but also low speed datain rate?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What are the "Packets per Xfer" and "Transfers to Queue" settings that you used with Streamer application.

Are you seeing the failures even if you reduce these two settings in the streamer application. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sai Krishna.

0 Likes

hello rama.sai.krishna.vakkantula

If we are running the streamer on fx3 board with data coming @ 100Mhz

to fx3 the what parameters i should set in streamer like "Packets per Xfer" and "Transfers to Queue"

can you just help me i am getting data but not exactly from streamer if save the data to PC the data is shifted some times and some times full jumbled image toatally distracted .can you help me please.

thanks regards

veerendra

0 Likes