debug output to IDE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to debug a CY8C3444PVI-100 project. That IC does not have USB functionality so trying to debug via USBUART wont work, nor do I have enough pins available for a generic UART. I have enabled the SWD/SWV debug options and can start debugging via miniprog3 and psoc creator 4.1, and that works pretty good. However, I'd like to add somekind of 'printf' output that I can view, either in the IDE or someplace else. Searching the internet I see a few hits on enabling "printf" output and SWV but there is no real detail on how to get it working. Is it possible to send text to the IDE (in debug mode) via SWD/SWV, and if so, how?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

I have attached the setup for CySerial Debug Setup

I have also attached a PSoC Creator firmware example that redirects printf() to the SWV stimulus port 0. The firmware works on PSoC3 .

So there is an app that lets you connect and view SWV printf() console output from the Miniprog3(Using JTAG 10 pins connector).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

I have attached the setup for CySerial Debug Setup

I have also attached a PSoC Creator firmware example that redirects printf() to the SWV stimulus port 0. The firmware works on PSoC3 .

So there is an app that lets you connect and view SWV printf() console output from the Miniprog3(Using JTAG 10 pins connector).

0 Likes