I start working with the CYW920706WCDEVAL board, WICED studio 6.1. I need to make a keyboard. The problem is that the HID examples do not work. Applications created with WICED Bluetooth Designer also do not work. "hello_sensor" works fine. What could it b

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I start working with the CYW920706WCDEVAL board, WICED studio 6.1. I need to make a keyboard. The problem is that the HID examples do not work. Applications created with WICED Bluetooth Designer also do not work. "hello_sensor" works fine. What could it be?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tested the hci_ble_hid_dev and hci_hid_device examples in WICED 6.1 and both worked fine. I used ClientControl as the host and was able to send key presses as HID reports to the peer device.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tested the hci_ble_hid_dev and hci_hid_device examples in WICED 6.1 and both worked fine. I used ClientControl as the host and was able to send key presses as HID reports to the peer device.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I couldn't find a way to create a new post, but I think this is closely related enough.

I'm using the WICED Studio 6.1 and I have the board BCM94343W_AVN which has BLE. I'm trying to use the Bluetooth Designer to setup a new project and I haven't had success. I can download/run the BLE demos such as snip.bluetooth.ble_hello_sensor on that board just fine, but I can't setup a new project using the designer wizard since the target chip dropdown is always empty.

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 12.33.46 AM.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bluetooth Designer can be used with only CYW20706 and CYW20719. It cannot be used to develop applications for combo devices such as the CYW4343W.

0 Likes