OTA Update Application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

I want to implement my own Application foto do the Over-the-Air Update and I want to know if there is any Application Note for this or any sample Application in which I can see the necessary steps.

Thanks

Fatih

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are no Appnotes related to developing Android apps which includes OTA upgrade. You could refer to the CySmart mobile app source code:

CySmart – Mobile App

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, there are a good number of examples. Here's the OTA update application note (with example iirc): AN97060 - PSoC® 4 BLE and PRoC™ BLE - Over-The-Air (OTA) Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) Guide

Here is an example project for using FRAM to buffer the image before flashing the device:

Project #025: OTA (Over-the-Air) Firmware Updates with F-RAM

Here's a another example: PSoC-4-BLE/100_Projects_in_100_Days/Project051_NOR_Flash_Bootloader at master · cypresssemiconductor...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think my question was not clear. I want a Windows Application (which I want to implement in C#) and with this application I want to start the firmware upgrade. For me it is clear how I have to configure the PSoC4 that they is able for bootloading OTA. But my question is which steps I have to do in my Application to Start a Firmware upgrade and how I have to send the firmware data to the PSoC4 from my own Application.

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are no Appnotes related to developing Android apps which includes OTA upgrade. You could refer to the CySmart mobile app source code:

CySmart – Mobile App

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are some similar threads with development towards C# applications on the PC: CySmart API C# example

Android Application Development code for CY8CKIT-042-BLE

The second thread was before they added the cysmart app code to github as yssu​ posted, so getting the code from there is your best bet I think, or trying the first thread.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also developing a windows app in c#, and I understand how to use the cypress api for connecting to a device and reading/writing characteristics, but I am having a hard time finding any documentation or examples on how to perform the OTA firmware update.  I want to be able to do what the CySmart PC application can do when you click the "Update Firmware" button.  Can this be done using the cypress api or is there some kind of standard implementation for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly, the windows-code is closed up, but it is possible, and the implementation should be similar to the android and iOS examples for OTA bootloading, as the programs all interface with bluetooth to trigger and perform the bootload for the device image/firmware.

I have no idea what it entails, but my advice is that: yes, it is possible, no there are not many good examples, and the "standard" implementation would be mimicking what the CySmart applications are doing, just on the windows C# instead of the Android/iOS.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

well that is a bummer, but thank you for the quick response!

0 Likes

Hi,i have a similar question.

My scenario for OTA,please read and tell me, is it true?or not?

I have Psoc5 and gsm and F-RAM on my board.i want to send new bootloadable program to gsm and write data of new bootloadable program in F-RAM.Then i want to reset psoc5 for new programming from F-RAM.

Is it possible?

what is the true way for my porpuse?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

I try to get code from BLE_Over_The_Air.cywrk.Archive01 sample code(exactly for CyBtldrREAD and CyBtldrWRITE API in bootloader).now i share it with u.it does not get app from external eeprom.please check it and tell me where is mistake?

0 Likes