UVC Compatibility with CYUSB3033 device FX3S interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a board with CYUSB3033 device which has FX3S interface provided by Cypress.

I want to use UVC with my FX3s device but when I look at example page I saw example code provided by Cypress is for FX3.(related products CYUSB301x)

Can I use FX3 UVC example with an FX3S device with same configuration? If not, there is a chance to create a UVC interface with FX3S device? 

If you have examples, can you share with me for FX3S UVC configuration?

Also I would be happy if you tell me a way to create another type camera interface with FX3s device?(Maybe RAW 8/10/12)

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Eren Tansel,

- The CYUSB3033 part has 512KB of SRAM space along with 16-bit data bus on the GPIF II interface. Hence, it can be used for UVC implementation and the source code that comes with the AN75779 - How to Implement an Image Sensor Interface Using EZ-USB® FX3™ in a USB Video Class (UVC) F...  will also work with this part, since this App Note uses an 8-bit wide data bus on the GPIF II interface.

- The CYUSB3031 part has only 256KB of SRAM and hence it will be no be suitable for UVC applications as the buffer size would be insufficient.

Ordering Information present in the page 51 of FX3S datasheet provides details about the data bus width on the GPIF II interface and the memory space available for the different part numbers.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Eren Tansel,

- The CYUSB3033 part has 512KB of SRAM space along with 16-bit data bus on the GPIF II interface. Hence, it can be used for UVC implementation and the source code that comes with the AN75779 - How to Implement an Image Sensor Interface Using EZ-USB® FX3™ in a USB Video Class (UVC) F...  will also work with this part, since this App Note uses an 8-bit wide data bus on the GPIF II interface.

- The CYUSB3031 part has only 256KB of SRAM and hence it will be no be suitable for UVC applications as the buffer size would be insufficient.

Ordering Information present in the page 51 of FX3S datasheet provides details about the data bus width on the GPIF II interface and the memory space available for the different part numbers.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes