Cy7c60813A is not found by Control Center, Bulkloop or Streamer after programming RAM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FrZa_2625781
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

First the applications find the FX2LP. Then I program RAM with the Control Center, using the Bulkloop firmware in the DVK. After Control Center reports "programming succeeded" the entry in the Windows Device Manager changes from "No EEPROM Device" to "FX2LP Sample Device", but Control Center does not find it afterwards anymore, and Bulkloop or Streamer application only find the Sample Device, but both do not show any Endpoints to choose from (same with CaConsole from the Suite 3.4.7).

This is a Windows 7 64 Bit Professional Dell E6230 Laptop. Similar results on a Windows 7 32 Bit Desktop PC.

Any Ideas how to fix this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

it seems the bulkloop example from the Cypress Suite USB 3.4.7 is the only one that does not try to write to the 7 segment display of the DVK evaluation board. All the others do try that and wait for write success, which never is acheved on boards not having the 7 segment display.

If you happen to have a board different from the original cypress evaluation board, you have to remove this writing to the 7 segment display (including the wait for write success) and rebuild the firmware in order to have a running firmware.

I modified the streamer firmware from the Cypress Suite USB 3.4.7 accordingly and now the streamer app finds the programmed device and runs with it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I think you might be using older versions of cyusb drivers. Can you please bind the device using the latest cyusb3 driver using the device manager?

You can download the latest driver here:

https://community.cypress.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/12366-1-28109/Drivers.zip

Also, if you are using your own board, please check if the same issue is seen for FX2LP DVK as well if you have one, in order to confirm if this is not a hardware issue.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes

Installed the newest driver from the link, but it didn't solve the problem.

If I use CyConsole from the "Cypress Suite USB 3.4.7" and also the bulkloop firmware from that suite, the bulkloop examples are working. The streamer example does not work, even from that suite.

0 Likes

Hello Frank Zander,

- Please post the screenshot of the device manager and the host application during the occurrence of this issue.

- Also, please let us know if there has been any changes made to the example firmware. In particular, has there been any modifications in the TD_Poll() block?

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Hi,

it seems the bulkloop example from the Cypress Suite USB 3.4.7 is the only one that does not try to write to the 7 segment display of the DVK evaluation board. All the others do try that and wait for write success, which never is acheved on boards not having the 7 segment display.

If you happen to have a board different from the original cypress evaluation board, you have to remove this writing to the 7 segment display (including the wait for write success) and rebuild the firmware in order to have a running firmware.

I modified the streamer firmware from the Cypress Suite USB 3.4.7 accordingly and now the streamer app finds the programmed device and runs with it.

0 Likes