Is it possible to add cyprimitives : cy_clock_v2.0 into Psoc Creator V4.0 ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PIGO_1085426
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

Like in topic :

Is it possible to add cyprimitives : cy_clock_v2.0 into Psoc Creator V4.0 ?

Best regards,

Piotr.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Piotr,

I just wish to inform that why the cy_clock_v2.0  has been removed ( starting from Version 3.0 Component Pack 7 of PSoC Creator) .There were two issues with cy_clock_v2.0 which as follows-

1. Clock tolerance is always reported to be +/-5.

2. Master Clock is mentioned in a tool tip while PSoC 4 has no such clock defined

This has been removed in cy_clock_v2.10-

1. Clock tolerance in tool tip is now dynamically generated, so it doesn't show meaningless info for existing/divider clocks.

2. PSoC 4 will show "Sync w/ HFCLK", other devices will show "Sync w/ MASTER_CLK"

Then, there is no option in Creator to add directly  a removed component into the component catalog.

Sorry for making  it  so interesting

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello Piotr,

In Creator4.0, if in Update Components option you are getting option to use cy_clock_v2.0, then you can.

Check Tools>Find new components option too in Creator

0 Likes

Hello,

The problem is :

I have sample project written in Psoc Creator V3 with clock_V2.0.

In Psoc Creator V4.0 in component catalog there is no clock_V2.0, so it isn't possible to correctly open this project.

I've manage somehow to update component clock_V2.0 in Psoc V3.0, copy some updated files in project and then open in Psoc V4.0, but I wonder if It's simpler method by adding component clock_V2.0 in Psoc V4.0.

I can't find in Psoc Creator V4.0 option : Tools>Find new components.

All the best,

Piotr.

0 Likes

Are you encountering any specific issue in using Clock_V2.20 in the sample project in Creator 4.0. In the "component changes" section in the datasheet of clock_v2.20, there is no as such change from clock_v2.0 which can effect the functionality of  the clock in the application.But if there is any change in functionality with the version, please mention about it.

0 Likes

Hi anks,

Thank you for interesting my topic.

Once again from the beginning :

In Psoc v4.0 clock component can be chosen in version V1.7, V2.1 or V2.2.

The question is :

Is it possible to add to component catalog clock component in version V2.0.

Question rose when  I had ready-to-use example project for development board with PSOC 5lp written in Psoc Creator V3.0 with clock V2.0 and when I tried to open it in Psoc 4.0 I got error message, but now It's not important. I only want to know if it is possible to add to component catalog in Psoc Creator V4.0 clock component in version V2.0 .

All the best,

Piotr.

0 Likes

Hello Piotr,

I just wish to inform that why the cy_clock_v2.0  has been removed ( starting from Version 3.0 Component Pack 7 of PSoC Creator) .There were two issues with cy_clock_v2.0 which as follows-

1. Clock tolerance is always reported to be +/-5.

2. Master Clock is mentioned in a tool tip while PSoC 4 has no such clock defined

This has been removed in cy_clock_v2.10-

1. Clock tolerance in tool tip is now dynamically generated, so it doesn't show meaningless info for existing/divider clocks.

2. PSoC 4 will show "Sync w/ HFCLK", other devices will show "Sync w/ MASTER_CLK"

Then, there is no option in Creator to add directly  a removed component into the component catalog.

Sorry for making  it  so interesting

0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you very much for precise explanation.

I deduce  answer for my question is clear : It,s not possible to add clock V2.0 to component catalog in Psoc Creator V4.0.

Best regards,

Piotr.

0 Likes