homekit mfi authentication chip

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Our company is looking trying to work with Apple HomeKit with your wiced smart.

I have registered to your community and looking for many references.

But I am still confuse about mfi authentication chip.

So my question here is do we need any additional chip from apple for authentication other then your wiced smart homekit chip to design our homekit accessory?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards

Bhaban

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Bluetooth based HomeKit capabilities/libraries will be available to MFi licensees on a new series of devices that should be announced shortly. I believe there will be provisions on the eval board for the Apple Authentication chip.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Bluetooth based HomeKit capabilities/libraries will be available to MFi licensees on a new series of devices that should be announced shortly. I believe there will be provisions on the eval board for the Apple Authentication chip.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe there will be provisions on the eval board for the Apple Authentication chip.

Hi, eval board may include Apple Authentication chip but how about if I go for mass production with just your chip?

I was just wonder whether I will need to buy Apple Authentication chip for each accessory that we are going to produce even after I buy your chip to create an HomeKit Accessory.

0 Likes

Procurement of Authentication Device occurs through the Apple MFi portal managed by Avnet

Authentication device required

• All Wi-Fi devices require Authentication
  • All BLE devices which create an action from an i-Device running HomeKit
    • Door Lock, Garage Door, Switch, Smart Plug, Window Shade, etc.
    • Note: A light bulb is an exception as it talks to a bridge device which aggregates BLE and Zigbee to Wi-Fi and that device has Authentication

No Authentication device required

• A BLE device which communicates to a bridge and provides information only
    • Light Bulb, Simple Sensors (temp, motion, etc.)
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I do know that Authentication is require.

I am not asking for devices that I will need authentication.

Let me clear my question.

As I understand that we need an mfi authentication chip in order to build an accessory to authorise by Apple.

I just want to know is whether your chip will include that Apple authentication chip inbuilt or I need to buy from apple to create a HomeKit accessory.

I might be wrong or so.

So by simple, do I need any other chips other then our existing hardware + your homekit enable chips (wifi or BTLE)??

regards

0 Likes

You will need an authentication device in addition to our soon to be released device.

Procurement of the Authentication Device occurs through the Apple MFi portal managed by Avnet: Avnet - MFi Login

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for your information.

I will try to find out the details.

regards

Bhaban

0 Likes