measuring voltage across POTENTIOMETER ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello i am new to using cypress ,so i have a question. i want to meassure voltage across the POTENTIOMETER and show the voltage across my computer screen ? is it possbile ? from what i learned so far I need to use  Anlog Digital Convertor but i cant really undestand how to use it . could any one help me ?

about my the pins of my POTENTIOMETER are as follows :

1)left pin to the ground

2)middle pin to one of the ports of the Cypress

3)right pin to Vdd .

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Right click onto the ADC component and select "Find Code Example".

Basically you need an analog pin component, connect it to your ADC component and write a bit of code to get the converted value.

When writing to UART, use the UART to USB bridge and PuTTY, sprintf() and uart-putstring() API . When printing float numbers increase the heap size to 0x0200 in system view.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Right click onto the ADC component and select "Find Code Example".

Basically you need an analog pin component, connect it to your ADC component and write a bit of code to get the converted value.

When writing to UART, use the UART to USB bridge and PuTTY, sprintf() and uart-putstring() API . When printing float numbers increase the heap size to 0x0200 in system view.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi i really did not undestand what are u meaning , i know progrmaning in c and matlab how ever i cant really understand what u mean . and the exmpale code did not really helped me

0 Likes

There are a couple of videos showing how to deal with Creator IDE. Have a look at them. Creator has some similarities to electronic CAD design.

Bob