CE220607 – PSoC 6 MCU Watchdog Timer in Interrupt Mode. Can this example work with CM0p?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GeIo_1586191
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

I'm looking at the CE220607 example and thought to experiment by switching the code across to the CM0p core.

However, when doing so it threw up an error which I was not expecting and did not understand how to fix (if I could fix at all). Hence I decided to ask here.

Error is in this line of code (would normally be found in CM4 main()):

sysint_status = Cy_SysInt_Init(&WDTIsr_cfg, WDTIsr);

It did not like "&WDTIsr_cfg". This is a generated source function found within "cyfitter_sysint_cfg.h" file. The code in this file is as follows:

/* ARM CM4 */

#if (((__CORTEX_M == 4) && (CY_CORE_ID == 0)))

#define WDTIsr__INTC_ASSIGNED 1u

extern const cy_stc_sysint_t WDTIsr_cfg;

#endif /* ((__CORTEX_M == 4) && (CY_CORE_ID == 0)) */

So why is WDTIsr_cfg only related to CM4. What is the alternative for CM0p etc.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello GerrikoIoT​,

You will need to enable the interrupt for CM0+ in the Design Wide Resoruces. In the Workspace explorer, under "Design Wide Resources" double-click "Interrupts". In that tab, make sure WDTIsr is enabled (checked) for M0+ (or rather the core you want the interrupt to be mapped to). If you build your project after this, the WDTIsr_cfg will be defined for CM0+.

I guess the above should remove the error.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello GerrikoIoT​,

You will need to enable the interrupt for CM0+ in the Design Wide Resoruces. In the Workspace explorer, under "Design Wide Resources" double-click "Interrupts". In that tab, make sure WDTIsr is enabled (checked) for M0+ (or rather the core you want the interrupt to be mapped to). If you build your project after this, the WDTIsr_cfg will be defined for CM0+.

I guess the above should remove the error.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

0 Likes

I've just learnt something new today. Awesome! Thanks very much.

pastedImage_0.png