can i get i2c_hw.c ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi 

i want use i2c of fx2lp. but i can not found i2c_hw.c could you please give to me ?

also i have questions

1. if i use EZUSB_READ or EZUSB_WRITE of EZUSB.LIB, am i need i2c_hw.c file?

2. can i use vendor command insted i2c function of i2c_hw.c? is this same work?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Geetha Diwakar,

- The i2c.c and i2c_rw.c are not examples by themselves. These files are used to perform I2C communication using the FX2LP.

- Both these files are not the same.

- To use the I2C interface for booting, these files need not be used. The boot-loader present in the device will look for the presence of EEPROM on the I2C lines.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Did you mean i2c_rw.c file? What did you mean by i2c_hw.c? i2c.c and i2c_rw.c file can be found at the location "C:\Cypress\USB\Target\Lib\LP" after installing FX2LP DVK.

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

i want to  interface eeprom for booting and rtc,temperature sensortrough i2c with fx2lp.

i have found i2c example in this path C:\Cypress\USB\CY3684_EZ-USB_FX2LP_DVK\1.1\Target\Lib\LP

1)i2c.c

2)i2c_rw.c

when to use these .c file?

both are same?

can i use these i2c functions to interface both eeprom(boot loading)and rtc??

0 Likes

Hello Geetha Diwakar,

- The i2c.c and i2c_rw.c are not examples by themselves. These files are used to perform I2C communication using the FX2LP.

- Both these files are not the same.

- To use the I2C interface for booting, these files need not be used. The boot-loader present in the device will look for the presence of EEPROM on the I2C lines.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes