wiced_transport_send_buffer fails with result code 4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LJYe_2922526
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 10 likes received 5 likes given

I'm developing a custom app with the CYW20706 dev board. I just noticed today if I reset the board using the SW2 reset button, API calls to function wiced_transport_send_buffer() always fails with result code 4(ERROR). Could anyone provide some insight into this issue?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you share wiced transport config structure? Also which version of WICED are you using?

You could receive the error for multiple reasons: the pointer to the payload is NULL, if the transport is not defined.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you share wiced transport config structure? Also which version of WICED are you using?

You could receive the error for multiple reasons: the pointer to the payload is NULL, if the transport is not defined.

0 Likes

//UART transport configuration

const wiced_transport_cfg_t stTheBlTransportConfig =

{

WICED_TRANSPORT_UART,

{WICED_TRANSPORT_UART_RAW_MODE, 230400},

{0, 0},

NULL,

BlTransportHandleRxData,

BlTransportHandleTxDone,

};

The failure seems to be caused by unstable CTS connection. Is it intended behavior for wiced_transport_send_buffer() to fail with result code 4 if host is not ready to receive? I will also test for NULL payload and see if that is the reason.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, the API will not return error if the CTS is not asserted by the host. The data will remain in the buffer till the host asserts the CTS line and all the data will be sent to the host once the line is asserted.

0 Likes

Thanks yssu. Good to know about the CTS behaviour.

0 Likes