Olimex ARM-USB-TINY-H Linux?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been using the ARM-USB-TINY-H to program custom wiced wifi board with great success in Windows, but would like to use it in Linux. Is there anything special I need to do to set this up? At the moment I am trying sudo ./make snip.scan-BCM9WCDPLUS114 JTAG=Olimex_ARM-USB_TINY-H download run, but am getting OpenOCD errors.

I was able to program my BCM9WCDPLUS114 eval board without problems through linux already.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
8 Replies
JoYi_1844281
Level 6
Level 6
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 likes received

Check the device permission of Olimex  in Linux,

And upload your build/openocd_log.txt

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

openocd_log.txt :

Info : only one transport option; autoselect 'jtag'

trst_and_srst separate srst_gates_jtag trst_push_pull srst_open_drain connect_de

assert_srst

adapter speed: 1000 kHz

adapter_nsrst_delay: 100

jtag_ntrst_delay: 100

Warn : target name is deprecated use: 'cortex_m'

jtag_init

Error: unable to open ftdi device: device not found

in procedure 'init'

lsusb lists the device as ID 0403:6010, which I think is wrong? (other sources seem to say it should be 15ba:002a) Is it possible to have reprogrammed the programmer?

0 Likes

Your USB ID is FTDI default one!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up buying a new ARM-USB-TINY-H, and it enumerated as 15ba:002a and worked with the Broadcom make download system on both windows and Linux.  Any idea what went wrong with the other one?

0 Likes

I think the Olimex_ARM-USB_TINY-H did not programmed with correct VID/PID into FTDI.

Another possible you got an broken one (missing EEPROM for FTDI or EEPROM not work).

You could find tools on FTDI WEB site which could program the EEPROM on http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities/FT_Prog_v3.0.56.245.zip

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That looks interesting. Does anyone have the EEPROM file for the ARM-USB_TINY-H that I can try to re-flash? It doesn't look like that utility can read the EEPROM of my functional programmer.

0 Likes

You could read it from the work one and save it! Then programming the save one to the broken one!

0 Likes
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

I am going to lock this, please message me to unlock it or simply start an new discussion.

0 Likes