How to create an embedded Bootloader Host?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everybody!

I am currently working on a project which requires one master arduino to consult 8 Psoc 4's for input information over a common I2C Bus.
However, I want to be able to update the firmware for the whole project through the arduino alone, making it easier for the user.

So far I have given the bootloader documentation a thorough readthrough, and have set up a bootloader project and added an I2C block. This, however, is my sticking point.
I understand that I want to include the HEX file dictating the behaviour of the PSOCs onto the arduino, and then have the arduino break this down and transmit it over I2C, but the only documentation I have found that is relevant at this point is http://www.cypress.com/file/140961/download , which talks about the use of HSSP over SWD.

Has anyone got any experience in bootloading applications to PSOC4 from other MCUs or does anyone know where I can find a good guide on doing this?

1 Solution
1 Reply
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hello,

Please check: AN86526 - PSoC® 4 and PSoC Analog Coprocessor I2C Bootloader .

Best Regards,

VSRS