2 Byte (16 bit) data transfer using DMA to SPIM on Psoc 5 problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am trying to config my DMA to send my buffer to SPIM.

I configured my DMA and SPIM.

They work with standard 8 it data transfer but do not work with 16 bit config.

would you please take a look at my code and let me know where is the problem.

I already tried both uint8 and uint16 for my buffer definition.

non of them work.

Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello ,

What I meant is to use SPIM_BSPIM_sR16_Dp_u0__16BIT_F0_REG  as destination register instead of SPI_TXDATA_PTR. Yes, the SPI_TXDATA_PTR is not defined as SPIM_BSPIM_sR16_Dp_u0__16BIT_F0_REG for PSoC3/5LP. However you can use the register SPIM_BSPIM_sR16_Dp_u0__16BIT_F0_REG as the destination register as given in the following snippet.

/* From the memory to the SPIM */

CyDmaTdSetAddress(txTD, LO16((uint32)txBuffer), LO16((uint32) SPIM_BSPIM_sR16_Dp_u0__16BIT_F0_REG));

Please try this.

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

DMA_TX_BYTES_PER_BURST is having a value 2u, thus have you tried changing the BUFFER_SIZE to 16

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Yes, I did, but still it does not work.

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you use the destination address pointer as SPIM_BSPIM_sR16_Dp_u0__16BIT_F0_REG instead of SPIM_TXDATA_PTR.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
lock attach

I'm trying to do the same but i can't get the SPI to transfer anything, i checked changing SPI_TXDATA_PTR with SPI_BSPIM_sR16_Dp_u0__16BIT_F0_REG and still nothing (SPI_TX_DATA_PTR is defined as SPI_BSPIM_sR16_Dp_u0__16BIT_F0_REG when configuring the SPI to transfer 16bits words anyway), attached is my test project, i got this working with 8bit words but still can't make it work with 16bit.

Regards

0 Likes

Hello ,

What I meant is to use SPIM_BSPIM_sR16_Dp_u0__16BIT_F0_REG  as destination register instead of SPI_TXDATA_PTR. Yes, the SPI_TXDATA_PTR is not defined as SPIM_BSPIM_sR16_Dp_u0__16BIT_F0_REG for PSoC3/5LP. However you can use the register SPIM_BSPIM_sR16_Dp_u0__16BIT_F0_REG as the destination register as given in the following snippet.

/* From the memory to the SPIM */

CyDmaTdSetAddress(txTD, LO16((uint32)txBuffer), LO16((uint32) SPIM_BSPIM_sR16_Dp_u0__16BIT_F0_REG));

Please try this.

Thanks,

Hima

lock attach

Hi,

I might be doing something silly but i'm still unable to make it work, the project so far is attached, updated to Creator 4.2.

Regards

lock attach
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Got it working, i had to change also the SPI_RXDATA_PTR to SPI_BSPIM_sR16_Dp_u0__16BIT_F1_REG, find the project attachedpastedImage_0.png