easy way to access Em_eeprom

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
SuHe_1906486
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First like given

hello everyone.......

I have been trying to access Em_EEPROM on Psoc6. I was able to store the single byte data on EEPROM but not able read it after recycling the power. Please provide solution to the problem. Please find the Project in the attachment.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

If you comment the line EEPROM_Write(), for that code to be effective you will need to program the device again. So the steps mentioned will not be the right way to test.

I'm attaching a project in which EEPROM write would happen only on switch press. You can check the EEPROM read value before and after power toggle. Both will be same. Please check the attached project.

NB: The EEPROM Write message will be displayed only when write actually happens.

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

7 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Can you re-attach the archive created using PSoC Creator itself. Please have a look https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-9742

for details on archiving a project using PSoC creator.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience @Hima. Please check the project attached.

0 Likes

Hello,

I have tested the project with PSoC Creator 4.2. These were the steps followed.

1)Programmed the code to the PSoC6

2)Check the COM PORT.

3)Reset the kit

4)Re-check the COM PORT

In both cases I was not able to see any error messages. Can you please confirm if this is the right steps to be followed for recreating the issue.

Thanks,

Hima

Hello,

Glad to hear from you. Whatever the steps you have followed is absolutely right but problem doesnt show up in error window.

Real problem is, we are not sure that the EmProm is able to retain the data after the power recycle.

So to confirm this,

1.first follow the steps you have mentioned.(those are: programming, resetting)

2.then comment the EmProm Write function.

3.Power off and again power up the kit now read byte should be seen in the terminal i.e. output of UART.

From this we confirm that EMPROM is able to store the data between power on/Off cycles.

Try doing this and please provide solution for the problem.

0 Likes
lock attach
himam_31
Employee
Employee

Hello,

If you comment the line EEPROM_Write(), for that code to be effective you will need to program the device again. So the steps mentioned will not be the right way to test.

I'm attaching a project in which EEPROM write would happen only on switch press. You can check the EEPROM read value before and after power toggle. Both will be same. Please check the attached project.

NB: The EEPROM Write message will be displayed only when write actually happens.

Thanks,

Hima

Hello,

Sorry i missed that step in my last reply after commenting out EmProm Write function, once again psoc kit must be programmed. then power is recycled.

But from your last reply, i understood that programming the kit will erase the data present on the EmPROM, is it? is it because it is present on top of the Flash? please provide some more explanation for the same.

If EmPROM data is erased on programming the kit, then is there any way to retain the data between programming kit?

Thanks,

Sudarshan hegde

0 Likes
lock attach
SuRa_2245351
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given

See whether below attached project is helpful for you.

0 Likes