fx3 frame control UVC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a system that controls externally frame time and frame rate of my camera.

At UVC class frame time is defined by using descriptors of frame and uvc.

Can I use a specific frame rate (30 fps) with a camera with  lower or higher frame rate( i.e 20 fps or 50fps). If not, is there a chance to control frame rate externally (with another controller) in UVC example ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In the descriptors you can mention 30fps, Host UVC application does care if you send 20/50fps. Nor does the FX3 device. You can control the frame rate with any external controller and the same will be displayed in the UVC application. you can also change the frame rate on the fly and it will reflect in the Host application. 

REgards,

Savan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In the descriptors you can mention 30fps, Host UVC application does care if you send 20/50fps. Nor does the FX3 device. You can control the frame rate with any external controller and the same will be displayed in the UVC application. you can also change the frame rate on the fly and it will reflect in the Host application. 

REgards,

Savan

0 Likes