Student Development Platform

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.  I am a University professor and I have a project class for medical students, where teams will build a device. The battery operated device, which I want to develop with students, will require wifi, BLE or BT, a touch screen, the ability to detect the peak in an EKG signal, send out a 1kHz stimulation signal based upon the next anticipated peak in the qst wave, while collecting other peripheral data such EMG, Skin conductance, blood pressure …  Various waveforms should be displayed on the screen.  Should be flexible enough so that we can end up with multiple solutions, yet as easy to learn as possible.  Data security issues will also be examined.  I would like to know which platform I should do this on and any other advice.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

What you want to perform looks like using a Raspberry PI. All additional needed hardware -let it be a PSoC- can be connected to one of the PI's interfaces. Programming can be done under a stable OS with lots of tools. What you'll need is a Linux Guru.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

What you want to perform looks like using a Raspberry PI. All additional needed hardware -let it be a PSoC- can be connected to one of the PI's interfaces. Programming can be done under a stable OS with lots of tools. What you'll need is a Linux Guru.

Bob

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

MarcMathys,

Such project is way above skill set and motivation of normal 'medical' students. Such project is for EE students.

/odissey1

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

These a far from "normal" medical students and have programming and signal processing backgrounds but every little with imbedded systems or the building of hardware..

0 Likes