CY8CKIT-046 USB data pipeline

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sctrc_3172296
Level 1
Level 1

I'm a newbie to the PSoC world. I was forwarded some documentation (similar to this link​​) by a colleague for performing full-speed USB bulk data transfer. My colleague specifically mentioned the CY8CKIT-046 development kit, so I recently purchased that. I followed the USBFS_Bulk_Wraparound code example in PSOC Creator 3.3 to use IN/OUT endpoints for data transfer, and was able to get this to work.

In my end application, I envision transferring data from PC -> PSoC -> FPGA. I understand the first link (PC -> PSoC), but am unsure how I can transfer data between the PSoC and the FPGA. I have thought that I may be using the wrong part or dev kit, but I'm not entirely sure.

Any help  here is greatly appreciated.

Best,

Scott

0 Likes
1 Solution
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

This will depend upon the communication protocols the FPGA would support. PSoC4200L family has I2C/SPI/UART etc. You can get the data from PC over USB and communicate this to FPGA over any of these protocol.

Thanks,

Hima

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

This will depend upon the communication protocols the FPGA would support. PSoC4200L family has I2C/SPI/UART etc. You can get the data from PC over USB and communicate this to FPGA over any of these protocol.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes