'Unable to read data from the target device'

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello, a im using cy8ckit-049-42xx,

my problem is 'Unable to read data from the target device'

can anybody help me?

0 Likes
9 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

Please check if you are following these points for bootloading the CY8CKIT-049 -

1) When plugging the kit in the PC, keep the SW1 pressed (Switch one - Connected to P0.7). Keep it pressed for atleast 500 ms.

2) Change the baud rate to 115200 bps in the Bootloader host application.

Please let us know the results.

Best Regards,
VSRS

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!, i have the same problem with 6 boards, at first, i program without problem, but after save some programs, without warning this board stopped working and apears the message 'Unable to read data from the target device'. after this, i try to program in diferents PC with diferents OS (Win7, Win8 Win10) without susseful.

Capture3.PNG

And the windows detect de conection, but unknow the manufacturer

Capture1.PNG

I have a cy8ckit-043 with a kitprog, and with this i can program the cy8ckit-049 without problem as you see in the pictureCapture6.PNG

but when i return to use the bootloader host to program normally the board, i have the same answer 'Unable to read data from the target device', there is some way to correct this problem?

Thanks

Carlos Enrique

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you try the two things listed in vsrs​ post?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes , i press the sw and use baud 115200, look the picture

Capture3.PNG

also, I had previously programmed the cards without problems and suddenly the program transfer (example.cyacd) no longer accepts it, there are 6 of them with this problem and I have another 20 that they accept the same program (example.cyacd ) using the "bootloader host" programmer

Thanks

Carlos Enrique

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

A thought might be to try different baud rates with the bootloader and see if speed/timing may be having issues with programming.

Also, when using the Miniprog3 I've found that modifying/changing the frequency for programming on there helps.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

i don't have miniprog3, i use the kitprog wich come with cy8ckit-043, ,I'm not sure but I hope that programming with the kitprog has the same effect as if using the miniprog3.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry e.pratt, i'm trying to do what you say, but, when you write "when using the Miniprog3 I've found that modifying/changing the frequency for programming on there helps", i don't found where i can change the frecuency for programming the board using the "PSoC Programming" with the kitprog module, could you explain me more details please?, thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to the KitProg user guide: http://www.cypress.com/file/157966/download

The following functionality speeds are supported:

Programmer 1.6 MHz

USB-I2C Bridge 50, 100, 400, 1000 kHz

USB-UART Bridge 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, and 115200 Baud

So, for the KitProg the programming clock speed is fixed at 1.6 MHz, but the USB portion is changeable. The Miniprog3 has the option to change the programming clock from 0.8 MHz all the way up to 8 MHz or something like that.

Setups that are working, then suddenly stop either broke because of a software change/update, or the hardware is loose/unconnected/noise sensitive 😕

hey,

had same issue after 5 times working and programming PC do not want to programm 049-4200 kit.

reinstall and delete --Vendor driver several times and reboot PC...No success...

work 1 hour to try with windows and driver issues....getting angry ;(

next day look again in forum--update all USB, USB serial drivers manually ---reboot

change baud rate from 9600 to 115200 works immediately

thanks community

Harry