WCO startup timing and whether required for startup

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GeIo_1586191
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

I seem to get this compiler/build "note" on most of the PSoC 6 examples I've downloaded and I'm just trying to understand its meaning. The note suggests seeing the device datasheet but unsure what "device" it is referring to.

"Clock Information: (The WCO is enabled. Chip startup will be slower because clock configuration cannot continue until the WCO is ready. See the device datasheet for WCO startup timing. If WCO is not required during startup, consider starting it in main() for faster chip startup.)."

0 Likes
1 Solution
NidhinM_71
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored Welcome!

Hello,

"Device" refers to the PSoC 6 MCU device selected for the PSoC Creator project. I believe you're building the project for CY8CKIT-062-BLE  kit, which has a CY8C6347BZI-BLD53 device, please refer to the following datasheet: CY8C6347BZI-BLD53 . Please note that this is a preliminary version. WCO specifications will be added in a subsequent version.

-Nidhin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
NidhinM_71
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored Welcome!

Hello,

"Device" refers to the PSoC 6 MCU device selected for the PSoC Creator project. I believe you're building the project for CY8CKIT-062-BLE  kit, which has a CY8C6347BZI-BLD53 device, please refer to the following datasheet: CY8C6347BZI-BLD53 . Please note that this is a preliminary version. WCO specifications will be added in a subsequent version.

-Nidhin

0 Likes

That helps. Thanks. 

0 Likes