Project no longer compiles after PSoC Creator 4.2 update

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnCi_2234676
Level 4
Level 4
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 10 questions asked

After updating PSoC Creator 4.2 to version 4.2.0.641, my project no longer compiles.

I get an error (No such file or directory) in the generated file cy_ble_clk.h when including "gpio/cy_gpio.h".

I have added .\Generated_Source\PSoC6\pdl\drivers\peripheral to the additional include directories, but then I get another error when including "ble/cy_ble_defines.h" in BLE_config.h (also generated). I would also add the path to "ble/cy_ble_defines.h" in the additional include directories, but I can't find it.

Is this a bug with the new version of PSoC Creator 4.2? Is there a workaround?

0 Likes
1 Solution

You're right! I deleted cy_ipc_config.c/.h and now the project compiles.

I'm pretty sure I selected all of the files to update, but I may be wrong.

So, the steps that I had to do were:

Uninstall PSoC Creator 4.2

Reinstall PSoC Creator 4.2

Delete cy_ipc_config.c/.h

It looks like the update from this morning broke some things in Creator 4.2, but making a clean install from the full installer available on the Cypress' website works (after uninstalling PSoC Creator 4.2. I didn't try to "repair" the installation, maybe it would work).

Thank you very much,

Fred

View solution in original post

0 Likes
14 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Can you please attach the project.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the same Problem here. I've started a new Project with a new Workspace, same Problem :

--------------- Rebuild Started: 02/27/2018 14:40:20 Project: Test, Configuration: ARM GCC 5.4-2016-q2-update Debug ---------------

Deleting file ".\CortexM0p\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\startup_psoc63_cm0plus.o"

Deleting file ".\Test.cycdx"

Deleting file ".\Test.rpt"

Deleting file ".\Test_timing.html"

cydsfit.exe -.appdatapath "C:\Users\Crille\AppData\Local\Cypress Semiconductor\PSoC Creator\4.2" -.fdsnotice -.fdswarpdepfile=warp_dependencies.txt -.fdselabdepfile=elab_dependencies.txt -.fdsbldfile=generated_files.txt -.fdsreffile=referenced_files.txt -p "C:\Users\Crille\Documents\PSoC Creator\Test\Test.cydsn\Test.cyprj" -d CY8C6347BZI-BLD53 -s "C:\Users\Crille\Documents\PSoC Creator\Test\Test.cydsn\Generated_Source\PSoC6" -- -yv2 -q10 -ygs -o2 -v3 -.fftcfgtype=LE

Elaborating Design...

HDL Generation...

Synthesis...

Tech Mapping...

Analog Placement...

Analog Routing...

Analog Code Generation...

Digital Placement...

Digital Routing...

Bitstream Generation...

Bitstream Verification...

Static timing analysis...

API Generation...

Dependency Generation...

Cleanup...

arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe -mcpu=cortex-m0plus -mthumb -I. -IGenerated_Source\PSoC6 -IGenerated_Source\PSoC6\pdl\cmsis/include/ -IGenerated_Source\PSoC6\pdl\devices/psoc6/ip/ -IGenerated_Source\PSoC6\pdl\devices/psoc6/psoc63/include/ -IGenerated_Source\PSoC6\pdl\middleware/ -Wa,-alh=.\CortexM0p\ARM_GCC_541\Debug/startup_psoc63_cm0plus.lst -g -D DEBUG -D CY_CORE_ID=0 -D CY_PSOC_CREATOR_USED=1 -D CY8C6347BZI_BLD53 -Wall -ffunction-sections -ffat-lto-objects -Og -c armgcc\startup\startup_psoc63_cm0plus.S -o .\CortexM0p\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\startup_psoc63_cm0plus.o

arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe -mcpu=cortex-m0plus -mthumb -I. -IGenerated_Source\PSoC6 -IGenerated_Source\PSoC6\pdl\cmsis/include/ -IGenerated_Source\PSoC6\pdl\devices/psoc6/ip/ -IGenerated_Source\PSoC6\pdl\devices/psoc6/psoc63/include/ -IGenerated_Source\PSoC6\pdl\middleware/ -Wa,-alh=.\CortexM0p\ARM_GCC_541\Debug/main_cm0p.lst -g -D DEBUG -D CY_CORE_ID=0 -D CY_PSOC_CREATOR_USED=1 -D CY8C6347BZI_BLD53 -Wall -ffunction-sections -ffat-lto-objects -Og -c main_cm0p.c -o .\CortexM0p\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\main_cm0p.o

In file included from Generated_Source\PSoC6/project.h:18:0,

from main_cm0p.c:12:

Generated_Source\PSoC6\pdl\middleware/ble/cy_ble_clk.h:20:26: fatal error: gpio/cy_gpio.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

The command 'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe' failed with exit code '1'.

--------------- Rebuild Failed: 02/27/2018 14:41:06 ---------------

0 Likes
NidhinM_71
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored Welcome!

Please make sure that you've entered the PDL locations correctly in Tools -> Options, as the following Figure shows:

pastedImage_2.png

The project you've attached builds fine in my PC. Please check the fix mentioned above and see if it works.

-Nidhin

Hi Nidhin,

I have the same problem after updating to the new version of PSoC Creator 4.2. A project that builded before the update of Creator 4.2 now gives the error: "Build error: gpio/cy_gpio.h: No such file or directory"

I updated the Project Management settings (PDL v2 was empty, but PDL v3 was already pointing to the right place), but the error is still there.

I've added "C:\Users\...\my_project.cydsn\Generated_Source\PSoC6\pdl\drivers\peripheral" to the "Additional Include Directories" of the CM0+ and CM4 compilers, but now the error is: "Build error: ble/cy_ble_defines.h: No such file or directory". Unfortunately, this file does not seem to exist.

Can you help me debug this problem further?

Thank you,

Fred

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I checked the path in the options menu and it seemed to be ok, but the same problem. Now I have uninstalled and reinstalled the PDL 3.0.1 and it works.

I uninstalled and reinstalled PSoC Creator 4.2 with all its components, but now I get this error:

pastedImage_0.png

Those defines are all defined in cy_flash.c, so it seems normal that cy_ipc_config.c would not be able to access them.

Worth to mention that when I "Clean and builded" the project, a pop-up asked me to update the config files, which I accepted.

I'm lost here, what should I do next?

0 Likes

Can you please upload your workspace ?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Here it is.

I just took the CE220272_BLE_Direct_Test_Mode example and added a couple of components. I haven't touched the code yet.

0 Likes

@frederic.chasse_1669321 I opened your project, deleted the cy_ipc_config.c file from the project workspace and then rebuilt the project. Now the project builds successfully.

Note that after I deleted the cy_ipc_config.c file (and rebuilding the project), PSoC Creator 4.2 automatically added a newer version of the cy_ipc_config.c file (the new version is v1.10.1, where as your project had v1.10).

Looks like when PSoC Creator asked you to replace the files while building the project, you may have press the Replace button without selecting any files from the list, which resulted in not replacing any files. I guess that is what caused the build error (old files).

So, please try deleting the cy_ipc_config.c file and rebuild the project. See if that helps.

Cheers!

You're right! I deleted cy_ipc_config.c/.h and now the project compiles.

I'm pretty sure I selected all of the files to update, but I may be wrong.

So, the steps that I had to do were:

Uninstall PSoC Creator 4.2

Reinstall PSoC Creator 4.2

Delete cy_ipc_config.c/.h

It looks like the update from this morning broke some things in Creator 4.2, but making a clean install from the full installer available on the Cypress' website works (after uninstalling PSoC Creator 4.2. I didn't try to "repair" the installation, maybe it would work).

Thank you very much,

Fred

0 Likes
jomoc_3144201
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Maybe it's just me but it seems strange that there is a mix between back slash "\" and forward slash "/" in the same line.

Generated_Source\PSoC6\pdl\middleware/ble/cy_ble_clk.h:20:26: fatal error: gpio/cy_gpio.h: No such file or directory

Perhaps these get resolved properly but it does seem odd since PSoC Creator is a Windows only tool.

0 Likes
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

@antoine.cimonfortier_2234676 In the PSoC Creator Wokspace Explorer, right-click on the Generated_Source folder of your project and delete the folder and all files under that folder. Then rebuild the project and see if the project builds successfully.

I guess you haven't modified any of the generated files. In any case, keep a back of your project before deleting the Generated_Source folder.

Yeah, I had seen the same issue after performing the upbreak to the latest PSoC Creator 4.2. 

One thing that I did notice is that in a previous project that was working, the 'referenced_files' file shows the drivers listed in the xml code and thus the cy_gpio reference.

:\Program Files\Cypress\PDL\3.0.1\cmsis\include\core_cm0plus.h" buildType="HEADER;;;;" copyLocal="True" isTemplate="False" />

<file fileName="core_cm4.h" physicalFilePath="C:\Program Files\Cypress\PDL\3.0.1\cmsis\include\core_cm4.h" buildType="HEADER;;;;" copyLocal="True" isTemplate="False" />

</folder>

</folder>

<folder folderName="drivers">

<folder folderName="peripheral">

<folder folderName="sysint">

<file fileName="cy_sysint.c" physicalFilePath="C:\Program Files\Cypress\PDL\3.0.1\drivers\peripheral\sysint\cy_sysint.c" buildType="SOURCE_C;;;;" copyLocal="True" isTemplate="False" />

</folder>

<folder folderName="gpio">

<file fileName="cy_gpio.c" physicalFilePath="C:\Program Files\Cypress\PDL\3.0.1\drivers\peripheral\gpio\cy_gpio.c" buildType="SOURCE_C;;;;" copyLocal="True" isTemplate="False" />

>

Where as the file that was generated from a project after updating PSoC, this is not listed and the 'middleware' folder is shown instead.

<file fileName="core_cm0plus.h" physicalFilePath="C:\Program Files\Cypress\PDL\3.0.1\cmsis\include\core_cm0plus.h" buildType="HEADER;;;;" copyLocal="True" isTemplate="False" />

<file fileName="core_cm4.h" physicalFilePath="C:\Program Files\Cypress\PDL\3.0.1\cmsis\include\core_cm4.h" buildType="HEADER;;;;" copyLocal="True" isTemplate="False" />

</folder>

</folder>

<folder folderName="middleware">

<folder folderName="ble">

<file fileName="cy_ble_clk.c" physicalFilePath="C:\Program Files\Cypress\PDL\3.0.1\middleware\ble\cy_ble_clk.c" buildType="SOURCE_C;;;;" copyLocal="True" isTemplate="False" />

<file fileName="cy_ble_clk.h" physicalFilePath="C:\Program Files\Cypress\PDL\3.0.1\middleware\ble\cy_ble_clk.h" buildType="HEADER;;;;" copyLocal="True" isTemplate="False" />

</folder>

</folder>

Removing the "Generated_Source" folder did not resolve the issue.

0 Likes
JamesT_21
10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored First solution authored

Hey, sorry for the problem. I have posted a workaround. I think you're already working, but for the benefit of anyone else looking over our shoulders.

PSoc Creator 4.2 production release breaks "stuff" - WORKAROUND

0 Likes