library files not found following PSoc Creator 4.2 update

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GeIo_1586191
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

I have just updated my beta version of Cypress PSoC Creator 4.2 and now quite a few library files are not found. So far the problem is with cy_ble.h with the files:

#include "gpio/cy_gpio.h"

#include "syslib/cy_syslib.h"

I had a look at "Dependencies" and everything is ticked.

I've tried a "clean and build" and this does not work either.

I can't believe this (bad timing on my part to do update now). My project is now complete and now cannot do the final build. Wasted a whole day. Gutted.

Now need help to fix.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confirming that:

1- Updating from 4.2 beta to 4.2 production fails per above

2- Completely deleting PSoC Creator (via Cypress Update Manager Uninstall) and then downloading from Cypress.com and reinstalling, fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

In the PSoC Creator Wokspace Explorer, right-click on the Generated_Source folder of your project and delete the folder and all files under that folder. Then rebuild the project and see if the project builds successfully.

I guess you haven't modified any of the generated files. In any case, keep a back of your project before deleting the Generated_Source folder.

Cheers!

0 Likes

Thanks.

I just tried that suggestion but it did not work.

For some reason, even though I have  "C:\Program Files\Cypress\PDL\3.0.1" listed under Tools::Options::Project Locations, this dialog box (for Build Settings) is not showing anything:

pastedImage_113.png

C:\Program Files\Cypress\PDL\3.0.1

0 Likes

I decided to take sledgehammer approach and deleted PSoC Creator 4.2 (the update version from Beta using update manager's "update" button) and do a fresh install of 4.2 from Cypress.com and now I get what I was wanting to see.

So, in my opinion, Update Manager still does not update PSoC Creator properly (in my experience it never did work properly with 4.1 - had the delete option).

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm seeing the same exact problem.

Did you do an Uninstall from Update Manager? And then redownload from Cypress and "manually" installing?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confirming that:

1- Updating from 4.2 beta to 4.2 production fails per above

2- Completely deleting PSoC Creator (via Cypress Update Manager Uninstall) and then downloading from Cypress.com and reinstalling, fixed the problem.

0 Likes

Yes, I did uninstall from Update Manager and a manual fresh install.

Thanks for confirming that it was not just me 🙂

0 Likes
JamesT_21
10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored First solution authored

I have posted a tested workaround.

PSoc Creator 4.2 production release breaks "stuff"