Why PSoC 4 deep sleep current varying continuously?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jamec_2673086
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like received First like given

Hi,

In my project, I have 6 different GPIOs configured for different tasks.And when I move MCU in deep sleep mode current consumption is 60-80 uAmps.

And the main point I notice is current consumption is continuously varying in between the range of 60uA to 80uA.

I found in some document & web that it should be constant 5-10uA in deep sleep.

Can I get its reason?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi ,

This app note will be also helpful.<http://www.cypress.com/file/121271/download >. Please make sure that you are changing the mode of the GPIOs to HighZ in deepsleep mode. These suggestions are available in the app note.

Best Regards
VSRS

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Jagir,

Are there any other component running before entering into deep sleep? If yes, suggest to stop all these component before deep sleep.

Has SWD port been configured as GPIO in .cydwr->System->Debug select? If it is configured as SWD, suggest to set it as GPIO.

60-80uA are measured on CY prototype kit or your own board? suggest to isolate PSoC4 supply with other parts on the DUT.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes

Hi Ryan,

I have slept all other components before entering to deep sleep.

Also, i have configured SWD port as GPIO in .cydwe file.

I got 60-80uA on own board designed using PSoC 4200 BLE(CYBLE-214009).

I did not get your suggestion to isolate power supply.

0 Likes

Hi Jagir,

'isolate'...I mean 'separate'....There may be some other parts on the board 'steal' power.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi ,

This app note will be also helpful.<http://www.cypress.com/file/121271/download >. Please make sure that you are changing the mode of the GPIOs to HighZ in deepsleep mode. These suggestions are available in the app note.

Best Regards
VSRS

0 Likes