psoc 4200 spi master clock speed >8 MHz problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a problem with getting spi master clock oversampling factor below 6.

In the datasheet it claims I can set it to 2 if I have MISO pin removed.

The only place I see that I can remove the MISO pin is by ticking the box under the SPI Pins tab, and click remove MISO.

Unfortunately, as soon as I try to reduce the oversampling factor to less than 6 I get

Invalid Parameter:
Error 1: The SPI master oversampling factor must be in range 6 - 16.

Any Idea of how I can get around this or have I completely misunderstood the section in SCB_P4_v4.pdf page 93

For Master the minimum oversampling value is 6 (MISO presents) or 2 (MISO removed).

Kind regards

Hjalmar

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi CDC users,

This is an issue with the component. This will corrected in the next component version. Till that time you can change the oversampling value  directly in the SCB_CTRL register (find register details in the TRM) after SCB_Start or Init was called.

Best Regards,
VSRS

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I used SCB version 3.20 and there was no mentioning in datasheet of oversamplingf < 6.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes that's different in 4.0, and a lot more...

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi CDC users,

This is an issue with the component. This will corrected in the next component version. Till that time you can change the oversampling value  directly in the SCB_CTRL register (find register details in the TRM) after SCB_Start or Init was called.

Best Regards,
VSRS

0 Likes