BLE Proximity Example Project Gets Stuck?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently having trouble running an example project, BLE_Proximity for PSoC6. The debugger gets stuck at Line 71 of main cm0p.c which points to Cy_BLE_Start(NULL). Inputting NULL seems to be the issue. I've attached the example project if anyone wants to give it a run.

Also what is the purpose of starting the controller portion of BLE first (passing NULL to the function) without registering the stack event handler at the same time?

Thanks in advance and cheers.

0 Likes
1 Solution
NidhinM_71
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored Welcome!

Hello,

Please install the PSoC Creator 4.2 Beta 2 version available here: PSoC Creator 4.2 Beta 2 Announcement!

and use the latest code example from :CE218135 PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity: BLE with Proximity

In this code example, Cortex M0+ is used as the BLE controller. It runs Cypress provided code that automatically handles controller portion of the events, therefore doesn't require a user defined event handler. Cortex M4 on the other hand contains the host code. Therefore, it requires a user defined stack event handler that takes care of the application specific events.

Please let me know if you need any additional help with this code example.

-Nidhin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
NidhinM_71
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored Welcome!

Hello,

Please install the PSoC Creator 4.2 Beta 2 version available here: PSoC Creator 4.2 Beta 2 Announcement!

and use the latest code example from :CE218135 PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity: BLE with Proximity

In this code example, Cortex M0+ is used as the BLE controller. It runs Cypress provided code that automatically handles controller portion of the events, therefore doesn't require a user defined event handler. Cortex M4 on the other hand contains the host code. Therefore, it requires a user defined stack event handler that takes care of the application specific events.

Please let me know if you need any additional help with this code example.

-Nidhin

0 Likes