MB95F118AS - Program Extraction & Programming

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I need some technical help with programming/reading a MB95F118AS. 

I have a MB95F118AS Which has known blown pins so I am trying to read the program code off of it to put onto a new blank chip I have. 

I have downloaded the “FLASH MCU Programmer for F2MC-8FX” From http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/flash-mcu-programmer-1 but the program only have a MB95F118B/M target Microcontroller.  I am unable to read the chip. 

Without setting the MOD pin floating, I am getting data from the processor so the processor is alive and the 4MHz Crystal connected to it is working.

With setting the MOD pin to HIGH the processor sits in the programming state (I guess) – But when I click download on the software it does not respond.

I have also set P12/UCK to High and P13 to LOW as per the programming guide.

Can you please advise if the software I am using is correct? Or if there is something I'm doing wrong?

Thank You,

Gabriel Young

0 Likes
1 Solution
HongyanW_86
100 solutions authored 100 replies posted 50 solutions authored

1. Have you selected the right COM port in the "Set Environment"?

2. The hardware connection of programming mode related pins  need be close to MCU side.

3. If the MCU was in security, you cannot read any information from the flash.

Best regards,

Amy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
HongyanW_86
100 solutions authored 100 replies posted 50 solutions authored

1. Have you selected the right COM port in the "Set Environment"?

2. The hardware connection of programming mode related pins  need be close to MCU side.

3. If the MCU was in security, you cannot read any information from the flash.

Best regards,

Amy

0 Likes