Debug a Customizer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi,

I'm trying to develop a customizer (yes i'm still trying to design a customizer for my custom component xD), i'm getting a Exception when trying to set a parameter with the SetParamExpr function.

¿Is there anyway to debug the customizer while developing in Creator? I haven't seen someone developing the customizer on VS, running it on Creator and being able to debug it, so if you know a way to debug the customizer please let me know.

I had tried using System.Diagnostigs and Debug.WriteLine function but i can't see the messages being printed. So i'm currently using a Label on the customizer itself to print the messages i need to see.

Attached is the project in case you want to take a look and let me know if i'm doing something wrong (i'm still a newbie with c# and windows forms applications).

To trigger the error i'm getting open the example project, click on the dummy_app component and click the button on the customizer.

Regards,

Carlos

0 Likes
2 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Carlos,

I just spotted your post.  It's just over one year since you posted it.  No one replied.

I'm having a similar problem and would like to debug my customizer as well.

I can load the C# customizer code into Visual Studio and I can modify the user interface and see the changes in Creator.

The problem is that if I code part of the customizer incorrectly, I can't reliably debug it from Creator (your question) and I can't debug it from Visual Studio.

Hopefully Cypress development will  take note of this post again.  Maybe they can share a way to install the UserControl  code  of the customizer into a Visual Studio form so that we can debug potential issues within Visual Studio first.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes

Len,

I haven't worked on the custom customizer since then (life happened), but i do hope Cypress can help us to work with their tools.

Carlos

0 Likes