If you use a program that switches SCB blocks between UART and I2C

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.all

I want to share external terminals with PSoC4 and use it.

The signals you want to share are UART and I2C signals.

So I switched the SCB block between UART and I2C and thought of using it.

If you use a program that switches SCB blocks between UART and I2C
I want it if it exists.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Ichiro san,

Please see the following KBA Switching a GPIO Pin Connection between Analog and Digital Sources in PSoC® 4 - KBA90272 . Meanwhile first you have to identify the pins which are shared between the resources you want. In your case it is UART and I2C. This can be found using datasheet pinout table. There all pins and their alternate functions are tabulated. HSIOM registers are manipulated to switch between the resources. They are accessed through register write functions. You can check the KBA as reference. If you have doubts regarding the register, you can check the registers TRM for the device.

Best Regards,
VSRS

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Ichiro san,

Please see the following KBA Switching a GPIO Pin Connection between Analog and Digital Sources in PSoC® 4 - KBA90272 . Meanwhile first you have to identify the pins which are shared between the resources you want. In your case it is UART and I2C. This can be found using datasheet pinout table. There all pins and their alternate functions are tabulated. HSIOM registers are manipulated to switch between the resources. They are accessed through register write functions. You can check the KBA as reference. If you have doubts regarding the register, you can check the registers TRM for the device.

Best Regards,
VSRS

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.VSRS,

Thank you for your reply.

I will try programming with reference to KBA 90272 I introduced.

Best Regards,

Ichiro

0 Likes