WICED details and recommended OS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to run Linux OS on CYW943907. I have the following questions:

1. I know that i can run WICED can be run on Linux.

2. I wanted to check if WICED is a tool which prodvides  API's to access the various features in CYW943907.

3. After compiling it i presume i will get a downloadable image which can be flashed to CYW943907. If so, what is the OS which runs on CYW943907?

3. Also, i wanted to check is there a way i can run Linux on CYW943907. What features are supported in this case.

Thanks,

shri

0 Likes
1 Solution
PriyaM_16
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

You should be able to run linux on 43907 but as of now it only supports WICED driver. If you want to use uC Linux on 43907, we might not be able to help you much in using Linux on 43907. You can choose other wifi chips which support linux from: IoT Solutions Guide

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
PriyaM_16

Hello Shri,

1. Yes WICED can run on Linux.

2. WICED is an SDK that contains documentation, header files, libraries, samples and tools requiredto develop applications. It allows to access various fetaures of any WICED device by using APIs. You can refer the WICED Technical Brief

3. Your understanding is correct.

The OS supported in WiCED are: ThreadX and FreeRtos. You can find OS libaries at WICED-Studio-x.x\43xxx_Wi-Fi\WICED\RTOS

4.You can not run Linux on CYW43907

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi riya,

Could you please explain why i can't run Linux on CYW43907?

From my understanding, CYW43907 has a Cortex R4 which can support uCLinux?

Thanks for your support.

0 Likes
PriyaM_16

You should be able to run linux on 43907 but as of now it only supports WICED driver. If you want to use uC Linux on 43907, we might not be able to help you much in using Linux on 43907. You can choose other wifi chips which support linux from: IoT Solutions Guide

0 Likes