PSOC creator 4.1 building project painfully slow

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the latest PSOC Creator, and I just checked cypress update manager. Im running windows 10 pro. Every time I make a change to top design, API is regenerated for each component. Only problem is, I have maybe over 30 components, and during the "Cleanup..." process, each component takes around 1 SECOND.

If I remember correctly, even down to PSOC Creator 2.2, the build process chugged along faster than this. I only noticed this on 4.1. Even my biggest projects didnt take 30 seconds to build before. Now a simple one can take around 50, and its specifically slowed down by this "Cleanup..." Process. The console line shows this for each component.

"arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -I. -IGenerated_Source\PSoC5 -Wa,-alh=.\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_541\Debug/PSOC_485_R_P.lst -g -D DEBUG -Wall..."

Any input much appreciated.

-GB

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

On Windows 10 PCs, most likely the Windows Defender scan affects the build process of many IDEs.

Add arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe process to Windows Defender exclusion list and see if that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

On Windows 10 PCs, most likely the Windows Defender scan affects the build process of many IDEs.

Add arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe process to Windows Defender exclusion list and see if that helps.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely helped at least 5x by adding the gcc to windows defender exclusions.

Is there any other magic tricks to make it even faster? I remember it being faster on my windows 7 machine.

Is there a list of IDEs that can be improved by this? WHAT THE HELL MICROSOFT!

0 Likes
DaTo_1851841
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First like given

In my case it took like 15 minutes to build and compile. I just simple deactivate the antivirus real time analysis program(in my case McAfee). Surprisingly when i build and compile again just take like 2 minutes.