Android Keeps asking to Pair

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi we are using a BCM20736s module in our device. We based our code on the "Hello Sensor" application. It works well most of the time, however on Android, sometimes in the middle of using our app, we get an Android System pairing request to pair with out device pop up right in the middle.

If we choose to pair it, the communication will freeze or go really slowly

If we choose not to pair it, the pairing request may pop up again

Since we are pairing through the app, is there any way to make it so there are not any system level Android pairing requests?

0 Likes
1 Solution

You may need a tool like FTS4BT to capture air trace.

FTS4BT Bluetooth Protocol Analyzer & Packet Sniffer

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

You may download the "WICED Smart Explorer" app from Play Store and use it to discover your device. I have no issue with my SENSE and tag3.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We have our own app that connects to the device. This part works fine, the problem is there is a popup in the middle of using the app saying our device wants to pair with the Android system. How can we make this pop up not happen?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding a note here that we are working with andrew997 to try to resolve this issue. We hope some people at Broadcom might help look into this as well.

-Ethan

0 Likes

We will talk to the developers to see if they can provide any guidance.

0 Likes

It would be good to see some traces, console or over the air, to try to identify when/what causes the pairing. 

Typically pairing happens only once during the initial connection.  If connection fails for some reason and reconnection is triggered, devices should use the keys generated during initial pairing and nothing should pop up.

Also please make sure that you are using 2.2.0.  Previous release may have a problem with RPA.  You can check if the code uses emconninfo_getPeerPubAddr to get address of the connected device.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I used the latest SDK to build this and we are still getting the same issue. Basically the app finds the device, and everything will work fine until Android asks to pair. If we don't pair, the app will work fine, if we do pair, or if we get the pairing popup, everything runs very slow and intermittently.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Ethan,

Can you provide the traces?

Thanks

JT

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you point me in the right direction to figure out how to collect traces over the air? Thanks.

0 Likes

You may need a tool like FTS4BT to capture air trace.

FTS4BT Bluetooth Protocol Analyzer & Packet Sniffer

0 Likes