Brown Out Reset in BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I want to use the in-built Brown out reset circuit in ble.IS psoc4  ble provides this feature.if so  how to use this one.

I want to reset the ble when brown out occurs.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will need to use the function CySysLvdEnable(uint32 threshold) to set the voltage threshold, and using this combined with the Global SIgnal reference component set to PWRinit should fire the interrupt connected to the Global Signal Reference Component when the software detects a low voltage threshold level trip. You will also need to handle the interrupt generated from that, but that should be simpler to figure out.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Use a CommonSignal component connected to an isr. There are some APIs for power management documented in "System Reference Guide" (from Creator Help).

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI,

you mean CommonSignal component   or Global signal reference component.

If it is Global signal reference component.,then i connected with isr.  and i selected   PWRinit in the Global signal.

But   It  is for Low voltage Detection,after detection of low voltage i want to reset the ble chip i.e, brown out reset

shoulb be triggered.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will need to use the function CySysLvdEnable(uint32 threshold) to set the voltage threshold, and using this combined with the Global SIgnal reference component set to PWRinit should fire the interrupt connected to the Global Signal Reference Component when the software detects a low voltage threshold level trip. You will also need to handle the interrupt generated from that, but that should be simpler to figure out.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for ur reply

I am able to generate the interrupt for LVD.But i want to reset the ble when i get the lvd interrupt.

is  CySoftwareReset();  API resetes the ble chip or not?

is there any other API to reset the BLE chip.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

The CySoftwareReset()  API forces the PSoC to reboot. Thus the BLE radio gets reset too.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also manually stop/start the BLE radio too if you don't want to reset the whole processor/application, but CySoftwareReset() is the simplest solution.