CYBT-343026-EVAL | ClientControl.exe UI not enabled after openning port

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings,

I'm facing some problems at the time of using the ClientControl application to test the features of the CYBT-343026-EVAL board.

Once I open the COM port and set the baudrate to match with the one specified in the application (3000000), the UI is not enabled.

I'm able to download and build 'Make Targets' to the board but for some reason the ClientControl.exe UI just won't work.

I'd like to mention that after checking the device manager I can't see any 'WICED HCI UART' or 'WICED Peripheral UART'. Instead, two USB Serial Ports are created. This happens in every computer in which I have connected the board. I attatch a capture of these ports.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Iban

Issue can be reproduced in my side. And here are the solution:

1. Root reason: the CYBT-343026-EVAL only support the 1M baud rate max. So the platform file have change the max baud rate to 1M.

2. Workaround: Change the hci default baud rate in firmware code, here we use the hci_audio_gateway for example. Open the hci_control.c and change the HCI_Mode bau drate to 115200:

const wiced_transport_cfg_t  transport_cfg =

{

WICED_TRANSPORT_UART,

{ WICED_TRANSPORT_UART_HCI_MODE, 115200},//HCI_UART_DEFAULT_BAUD},

{ TRANS_UART_BUFFER_SIZE, 1},

NULL,

hci_control_proc_rx_cmd,

hci_control_tx_complete

};

3. Save and download the hci_audio_gateway to CYBT_343026_EVAL board.

4. Open the Client Control and open the HCI UART with Baud Rate: 115200.

Regards

Jenson

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ShengY_96
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

Greetings.

Per your Capture, COM5 is the HCI UART, COM6 is the PUART.

To enable the ClientControl.exe, please followed the steps:

1. Plug in the WICED Studio Evaluation Board into the computer using a USB cable.

2. On Linux PC, additional step may be required to enable serial port access, see

the WICED Kit Guide for your device in the 'doc' folder.  (Appendix C:

Connecting to Linux Platforms).

3. In the Eclipse IDE, double-click on the desired target in 'Make Target' window

to build and download an embedded application (local app) to the WICED Studio

evaluation board.

4. On Windows PC, double click "ClientControl.exe" in the 'Windows' folder.

5. On Linux PC, execute the script "RunClientControl.sh" in the Linux folder.

6. On Mac OS, execute "ClientControl.dmg" in OSX folder. See note below for Mac OS.

7. In the "Client Control" UI, select the serial port for the WICED Studio

Evaluation Board and open the port. (See note below.)

8. Once the "Client Control" app is able to communicate with the embedded Bluetooth

application, the application UI will be enabled. Then use the UI to perform

Bluetooth operations.

Which means:

1. Download the demo code like demo/audio/hci_audio_gateway to 343026 kit.

2. Use the ClientControl.exe to open COM5 with baud rate 3000000.

3. Use the UI to control the device.

Regards

Jenson

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Jenson,

Thanks for your quick response.

The fact is I've tried these steps several times before making this enquiry. It does not work for me.

Here's a capture showing what the application looks like after openning the port at 3000000.

Capture2.png

The "demo.audio.hci_audio_gateway-CYBT_343026_EVAL download" 'Make Target' is loaded into the board and running, but still none of the UI's are enabled.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you again.

Best regards

0 Likes

xjzh​  Jessica, could you please help for this thread. 

0 Likes

Hi Iban

Issue can be reproduced in my side. And here are the solution:

1. Root reason: the CYBT-343026-EVAL only support the 1M baud rate max. So the platform file have change the max baud rate to 1M.

2. Workaround: Change the hci default baud rate in firmware code, here we use the hci_audio_gateway for example. Open the hci_control.c and change the HCI_Mode bau drate to 115200:

const wiced_transport_cfg_t  transport_cfg =

{

WICED_TRANSPORT_UART,

{ WICED_TRANSPORT_UART_HCI_MODE, 115200},//HCI_UART_DEFAULT_BAUD},

{ TRANS_UART_BUFFER_SIZE, 1},

NULL,

hci_control_proc_rx_cmd,

hci_control_tx_complete

};

3. Save and download the hci_audio_gateway to CYBT_343026_EVAL board.

4. Open the Client Control and open the HCI UART with Baud Rate: 115200.

Regards

Jenson

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again Jenson,

Yes, that works. I've been able to send and receive messages via SPP at the baudrate of 115200 before.

I've tried several ways so far (desingning my own app in Visual Studio and forcing the baudrate to 1 Mbps, for example), but the baudrate for SPP seems to be limited to 115200 bps.

However, this baudrate is too slow for my application. I need to send data at around 1Mbps in real time.

Given your response, I'm not sure if it is possible to achieve this with the CYBT-343026 module either. Is there any way to test a SPP application at this speed?

I'm using a Windows PC with a bluetooth 4.2 USB dongle as a receiver, and I'm starting to think that the Windows' COM ports constitute a bottleneck. Could you please clarify this? It would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Best regards.

0 Likes

Hi Iban

The 1M baud rate limit is due to the USB-UART chip. You can use the FT232(USB-UART 4 line uart)  bridge connect to J1 and set SW4 to off.  Then change the code's baud rate to 3Mbps, then test again.

For dongle side, you need to make sure that the dongle meet the 1M baud rate requirement.

Regards

Jenson

0 Likes