BLESS Low Power Sleep Mode for Bluetooth 5.0?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

In Bluetooth 4.2, there was the API call CyBle_EnterLPM(CYBLE_BLESS_SLEEP) that allowed bluetooth to enter low power sleep mode. For Bluetooth 5.0, is it possible for bluetooth to similarly enter sleep mode?

For Bluetooth 5.0's equivalent API call Cy_BLE_StackEnterLPM(cy_en_ble_lp_mode_t pwrMode), the enumerator cy_en_ble_lp_mode_t only has the following values: CY_BLE_BLESS_ACTIVE, CY_BLE_BLESS_DEEPSLEEP, CY_BLE_BLESS_INVALID. CY_BLE_BLESS_SLEEP does not seem to be an option.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

You don't have to call any BLE specific low power APIs before entering system level Sleep or Deep Sleep modes. Simply configure the BLE component to use low power modes and make sure that BLE stack is on before entering low power modes. BLE will automatically take care of it's low power entry. In addition, BLE will wake up the system from low power modes if a BLE event has occurred that required further processing. Here are some code examples that use BLE and low power modes for your reference:

CE212736 - PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity - Find Me (simple example)

CE220167 PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity: BLE with User Interface (handles a complex system-level low power scenario)

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Nidhin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello ,

Is there any particular reason by which you want the BLESS_SLEEP mode exactly?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi hima,

We are looking to put the CPU and BLE to different power modes: sleep, deep-sleep, low-power, etc. Before, it was required to put the BLE to a specific power mode before also putting the CPU to a certain power mode. So we are trying to put the BLE into sleep mode before putting the CPU into sleep mode.

0 Likes

Hello,

You don't have to call any BLE specific low power APIs before entering system level Sleep or Deep Sleep modes. Simply configure the BLE component to use low power modes and make sure that BLE stack is on before entering low power modes. BLE will automatically take care of it's low power entry. In addition, BLE will wake up the system from low power modes if a BLE event has occurred that required further processing. Here are some code examples that use BLE and low power modes for your reference:

CE212736 - PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity - Find Me (simple example)

CE220167 PSoC 6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity: BLE with User Interface (handles a complex system-level low power scenario)

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Nidhin

0 Likes