What is the application's APP_ID for OTAFU?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should I enter APP_ID of WS_UPGRADE_APP_INFO?

Is it the id generated automatically in .wic file?

Shouldn't I modify #define HELLO_SENSOR_APP_ID 0x3A19?

Best Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

smart.jpg

A pseudo unique value is automatically generated for "Id" whenever you click on the check box. In fact, you can click and un-click to see this in effect just for the fun of it. You can choose to use this value OR your own globally unique value which doesn't conflict with any other applications.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I think what you are asking for is shown both in the WICED Secure Over-the-Air Firmware Upgrade Application Note (SDK 2.1 and TAG3 Board) AppNote and within the header of the /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/ota_secure_firmware_upgrade/hello_sensor.c file:

ota.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response, mwf_mmfae.

>I think what you are asking for is shown both in the WICED Secure Over-the-Air Firmware Upgrade Application Note (SDK 2.1 and TAG3 Board) AppNote and within the header of the /WICED-Smart-SDK/Apps/ota_secure_firmware_upgrade/hello_sensor.c file:

Yes. I read both contents. However, I couldn't understand the meaning of Id generated in .wic automatically.

If I try to implement non-secure OTAFU in my own application, should I set unique APP_ID shouldn't I? 

WICED Secure Over-the-Air Firmware Upgrade Application Note (SDK 2.1 and TAG3 Board) doesn't reference the necessity of changing APP_ID.

Do I need to change AAP_ID from 3A19?

0 Likes

The app_id you see here is really the product_id, of which you will like to create one for your product. During an OTA session, the upgrade will take place only if the new image met the below conditions:

• Product ID must be same.
  • The new Major number must larger than or equal to the old one.
  • When Major number is equal, the new Minor must larger than the old one.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your replay, boont.

OK, I see.

Then, please let me know the meaning of Id of Over the Air Upgrade generated automatically in .wic.

Best Regards

0 Likes

.wic?  SmartDesigner?

I'm not sure the OTA function works within SmartDesigner.

Will have j.t and boont confirm.

0 Likes

smart.jpg

A pseudo unique value is automatically generated for "Id" whenever you click on the check box. In fact, you can click and un-click to see this in effect just for the fun of it. You can choose to use this value OR your own globally unique value which doesn't conflict with any other applications.

0 Likes