CYUSB3ACC-006 Adapter (FX3-to-HSMC) pin-out question

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

From the schematic of the FX3 GPIO-to-HSMC adapter (CYUSB3ACC-006) it appears that the signals are placed somewhat randomly - some of the CTL and DQ signals go to one pin in a differential pair on the HSMC connector, and some share a pair with another signal. Is there any reason for this routing?

I'd like to create my own FX3-to-HSMC adapter PCB and re-route some of the CTL signals so I can expose 4 differential pairs on the HSMC connector and use them for another input to the FPGA board. I'd probably keep the pin-out the same except I'd move PMODE2 and CTL3 to the other side of J1C. Will changing the HSMC pins of these signals cause any issues?

Thanks!

-Colin

fx3_hsmc_pins.PNG

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Colin,

There is no specific reason for routing the signals in random manner. You can route it in any other way but you have to take care in the User Constrain File.

Regards

Abhinav

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi Colin,

- Which FPGA board are you interfacing FX3 with?

- There are many unused pins present on the HSMC connector. Is it not possible for you to configure those pins as Differential pairs you need?

Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Abhinav,

Thanks for the reply!

I am using the Terasic DE10-Standard. Unfortunately I need to use four differential RX pairs, and I cannot reconfigure them because I need to use the hardware LVDS receiver. Here is the DE10-Standard HSMC pinout:de10_hsmc_pins.PNG

Currently, the FX3 adapter only leaves two RX pairs unpopulated.

0 Likes

Hi Colin,

There is no specific reason for routing the signals in random manner. You can route it in any other way but you have to take care in the User Constrain File.

Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes