Grouped Pins do not all trigger interrupt?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently working on something which requires the state of several inputs to be sent to an arduino over I2C.

Ideally I would like to have a separate interrupt for each port but due to the fact that I need to use PSOC4's in the design I can't do this.
(shame you can't route individual pins to interrupt components if you need more interrupts than ports)

So far I have the system set up so that a group of 8 pins has an interrupt attached and the interrupt sends the state of the button over I2C whenever there is a change, along with information allowing the arduino to identify which button was pressed.

HOWEVER
A change of state on button 0 of the group won't trigger an interrupt! What is going on?
If I trigger the interrupt by pressing another button whilst 0 is held down the state of 0 is sent to the main unit just fine :S

0 Likes
1 Reply
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Wasn't there a restriction to max. 7 pins of a port + interrupt? I think I can remember...

Bob

0 Likes