Regarding GND hatch pattern of 1 layer film sensor.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YuMa_1534086
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
500 replies posted 250 sign-ins 10 likes received

Hello.

I have question about capsense GND hatch pattern.

Design guide(P.110) describes about GND hatch pattern of 2 layers and 4 layers.

=> http://www.cypress.com/file/46081/download

But this document does not describe about 1 layer film sensor.

How should users design GND hatch pattern around capsense button if they use 1 layer film sensor?

Best Regards.

Yutaka Matsubara

0 Likes
1 Solution

Matsubara-san,

Sorry for my late!

Generally, 25% on 1 layer film sensor  (7-mil line, 45-mil spacing) is recommended.

Note: If users touched on the sensor trace, the sensor will be active which is unexpected. In this case, 1 layer film sensor is not recommended. But if the customer will use spring construction. 1 layer film design won't lead to false touch.

Thanks,

Ryan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Matsubara-san,

We don't recommend to use 1 layer sensor. If user touches on the sensor trace, the sensor will be active which is unexpected.

For the first layer hatch pattern, refer to Section 7.4.5 in the design guide: " The maximum recommended trace width is 7 mil (0.18 mm). You should surround the CapSense traces with a hatched ground or hatched shield with trace-tohatch clearance of 10 mil to 20 mil (0.25 mm to 0.51 mm)."   And refer to Section 7.4.13 about other rules checklist(clearance to ground hatch, e.g.).

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes
YuMa_1534086
Level 7
Level 7

Ryan-san.

I would like to know hatch fill percentage of 1 layer film sensor.

Below figure is a recommended hatch fill percentage of 2 layer and 4 layer.

Could you please let us know recommended hatch fill percentage of 1 layer film sensor?

=>  ???% on 1 layer film sensor  (???-mil line, ???-mil spacing)

pastedImage_0.png

Best Regards.

Yutaka Matsubara

0 Likes
YuMa_1534086
Level 7
Level 7

Dear Cypress.

Can you update this community.

Best Regards.

Yutaka Matsubara

0 Likes

Matsubara-san,

Sorry for my late!

Generally, 25% on 1 layer film sensor  (7-mil line, 45-mil spacing) is recommended.

Note: If users touched on the sensor trace, the sensor will be active which is unexpected. In this case, 1 layer film sensor is not recommended. But if the customer will use spring construction. 1 layer film design won't lead to false touch.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes