Is CY8C38 supported in Creator 4.1?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently inherited a slightly older CY8CKIT-001 dev kit with the MiniProg3 and a CY8C38 PSoC 3 module. The Creator 4.1 release notes list the CY8C38 as one of the supported devices on page 9. The PSoC 3 is listed in the Creator 4.1 Debug->Select Target and Debug list under the MiniProg3 left panel.  However, the right panel reports under the PSoC3 heading, "This device was recognized, but PSoC Creator does not support using it at this time."

I am inclined to think the release notes are incorrect and Creator 4.1 does not support the CY8C38 PSoC3 module but maybe I am missing something? Should it be working?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Roy_Liu
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Maybe the CY8C38 chip on your CY8C38 PSoC 3 module is an engineering sample version chip? The MPN on the top of the chip is ended with "ES", such as CY8C38XXXXX-XXXES?

Roy Liu

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Roy_Liu
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Maybe the CY8C38 chip on your CY8C38 PSoC 3 module is an engineering sample version chip? The MPN on the top of the chip is ended with "ES", such as CY8C38XXXXX-XXXES?

Roy Liu
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't tell because it is covered with a large "QC OK / 10" sticker.  Is there another way to tell?  It is the one that was shipped with the CY8C38 module.

0 Likes
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Robert,

'ES' won't be displayed with software tool.

Only Creator 4.1 can't work? How about using an older or later version of PSoC Creator?

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes