How can I use 150MHz clock for CM4 and 100MHz clock for CM0+ at the same time?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I would like to use PSoC 6 with maximum performance. That means I would like to behave for PSoC 6 with 150MHz for CM4 and 100MHz for CM0+. But max speed of clk_peri is 100MHz. When I select 150MHz clock from PLL, I have to divide the 150MHz by 2. So I have to input clk_slow to 75MHz.

How should we do if I would like to work both CPU with maximum performance?

Best regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
NidhinM_71
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored Welcome!

Hello,

As you can see from the clock settings, Clk_fast (CM4) must be a whole number multiple of Clk_slow (CM0+).  Therefore it's not possible to run CM4 at 150MHz and CM0+ at 100MHz. If you want to run CM4 at it's highest frequency (150MHz), the maximum frequency of CM0+ is limited to 75MHz. Similarly, if you want to run CM0+ at 100MHz, CM4 must also run at 100MHz.

I would recommend running CM4 at 150MHz and  CM0+ at 75MHz if maximum CPU performance is desired.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards

Nidhin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
NidhinM_71
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored Welcome!

Hello,

As you can see from the clock settings, Clk_fast (CM4) must be a whole number multiple of Clk_slow (CM0+).  Therefore it's not possible to run CM4 at 150MHz and CM0+ at 100MHz. If you want to run CM4 at it's highest frequency (150MHz), the maximum frequency of CM0+ is limited to 75MHz. Similarly, if you want to run CM0+ at 100MHz, CM4 must also run at 100MHz.

I would recommend running CM4 at 150MHz and  CM0+ at 75MHz if maximum CPU performance is desired.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards

Nidhin

0 Likes