Find example code to get started with I2C and UART

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_2088526
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I have a sensor which has I2C interface. I want it to communicate with CY8CKIT-042-BLE. At the same time, I want to debug it through the UART interface (send data of sensor to a computer). As a greenhand, I appreciate that somebody provides similar example codes for learning .Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There are ways to get example codes: You may right click onto your UART component and select "Find Code Example" or you may select on the Creator start page your kit and search through the examples.

On your kit is a connection from UART pins to the Kitprog. This can be used to connect via UART to an emulated com port. Search the Kit's manual for details. ommunication via I2C is already set up with pull up resistors on some dedicated pins, see the schematics (in Program files(x86)\Cypress\...

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There are ways to get example codes: You may right click onto your UART component and select "Find Code Example" or you may select on the Creator start page your kit and search through the examples.

On your kit is a connection from UART pins to the Kitprog. This can be used to connect via UART to an emulated com port. Search the Kit's manual for details. ommunication via I2C is already set up with pull up resistors on some dedicated pins, see the schematics (in Program files(x86)\Cypress\...

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The CodeExample "Interfacing_I2C_FRAM_With_PSoC401" could be helpful, it uses uart to display the result on PC.

Thanks.

0 Likes